4th Global BIOFIN Workshop, 14-17 April 2020,
OECD Headquarters, Paris, France
Returning to 2020 Global BIOFIN Conference, the Biodiversity Finance Initiative (BIOFIN) invites contributed research papers for presentation in the “Research Track”. We invite presentations of applied research that explore new developments in ecosystem services and biodiversity finance mechanisms, original case studies, and assessment methods. Solutions involving public sector, private sector and/or civil society all are encouraged. Successful submissions will explore solutions that highlight one or more of the following:
- improvements in the design of finance mechanisms and programs to address biodiversity investments,
- means to mainstream biodiversity and ecosystem service outcomes into public and private sector accounting systems,
- policy implementation to avoid biodiversity loss,
- climate, gender, and/or indigenous people inclusive policy and program design,
- solutions that result in more financial resources mobilized, and
- success stories and failures in Biodiversity Finance Solutions;
Following the successful publication of the Special Issue: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Finance Solutions: Investing in Nature toward Sustainable Development (2019), we anticipate some of the papers presented in the research track will be invited to submit a full manuscript for consideration of a forthcoming Special Issue of the Journal Ecosystem Services entitled: FINANCE FOR NATURE: BRIDGING THE BLUE-GREEN INVESTMENT GAP TO INFORM THE POST-2020 GLOBAL BIODIVERSITY FRAMEWORK. Please see the link for details on the Special Issue and Ecosystem Services submission requirements.
- Submission of a paper for presentation at the Global Workshop to Professor Andrew Seidl (e-mail: email@example.com) by December 31, 2019 for consideration by the editorial team.
- The editorial team completes an evaluation of the papers and invites authors of accepted papers to present their work at the global workshop and, if appropriate, to develop full papers for submission to the Special Issue: January 15, 2020.
- Please indicate if you would like your paper to be considered for inclusion in the Special Issue.
- Presentation in BIOFIN Global Conference does not guarantee an invitation to submit a full paper for the Special Issue.
Presenters will be responsible for making their own travel (transportation and lodging) arrangements to Paris. There is no registration fee for the workshop and all sessions are open to all participants. Payment for special events, such as field visits, and banquets can be arranged with the organizers independently upon acceptance of the invitation to present your work on a space available basis.